A Beginners Guide To
Have you ever planned a wedding, or another type of event? If so, you’ve probably had to use the services of an event planner. They’ll help you organize your vision and incorporate other people’s opinions into it in order to make sure that everything goes smoothly. But what type of person do you need when planning a big event? When looking for someone who can help plan your special day, keep the following tips in mind:
1) Research their history–Look over their website and find out about their experience using that site for events like yours. You can also look on the Internet for any reviews of the planner’s work, or ask your friends about their experiences with the same type of event. If the planner is a good fit for you, they’ll be glad to show you information that you may need to hire them. Make sure to check out all their site, including their portfolio and client list.
2) What services do they offer?–You might know what you want in an event. For example, if you’re planning a huge party, it might be easier to hire a hostess instead of a caterer. Or, you might want a planner who can help style your reception site in addition to planning the food and entertainment. Ask about the services that are available, and find out more about what kind of experience they have with your type of event. Ideally, you’ll be able to get a quote for the services after you’ve decided on the package that you’d like.
3) Are there any restrictions?–If it’s a large event that requires many people to work together, you may need to worry about hiring a planner who will mesh well with everyone else. Ask them if they have any experience working with other planners or suppliers at these kinds of events before deciding whether or not they’re right for your big day. Make sure that they’ll be able to meet your needs, and you’ll be able to meet theirs.
4) Look at their portfolio–Once you’ve narrowed your search down to a few different planners, it’s time to take a look at their portfolio and samples of the work that they’ve done in the past. You can learn a lot about how well they work with others based on how well their past events have gone. Are there any details that have gone wrong? Will you have the same problems if you hire them for your wedding or other event? Ask for references, and make sure that you ask about anything negative before deciding whether or not this is the right planner for you.
5) What is the right price?–Depending on your budget, you may need to look for someone that charges a certain amount per hour or based on the overall package. Choose a package that fits you best, and ask whether they can be flexible if you need to make changes. If your event is large enough, it can become expensive quickly; but with the right person working on it, it will still be as wonderful as you want it to be.
6) Finding the right one–Once you’ve decided who would work best for your special day, schedule an appointment with them and talk about what exactly you’re looking for.